As you create the file number of colors in the palette is greatly increased. In reality, you will only use a few of them. Before storing and importing the drawing it is very important to check the use of all of the colors on the palette. Ensure that the palette contains only colors used in the file. So you will not be imported into page layout unnecessary color.
The easiest way to get rid of the color – is to remove all the unnecessary color. If the unwanted color still remained in the palette, select the object, which is painted with, and remove or reassign it.
Removing of colors in the palette of Illustrator
To remove any unwanted color from a palette of Illustrator, follow these steps:
- In the Swatches palette menu, choose Select All Unused.
- In the same menu, choose Delete Swatch.
- Check palette Swatches. It must contain only the colors and shades of the project.
Removing of colors in the palette of FreeHand
FreeHand does not have a command of automatic allocation of unused colors. Therefore you have to manually remove unwanted color.
- Display palette Colors.
- Select the first color in the list.
- Press <Shrft> and click on the next desired color. Likewise, select all the colors in the palette.
- Select the Options menu option Remove.
- A window will appear asking you to remove only the unused colors or all selected. Click Unused.
- Check palette Colors. It must contain only the colors of your project and shades.